Monday 21 May 2012

New Addition to My Fabric Stash


I thought I would give you a sneaky look at some new additions to my fabric stash that arrived today from the lovely Maggie at The Fabric Frieze. This is Moda Papillon inspired by an antique etching.

 Last spring while perusing an antique market in Europe the 3 Sisters for Moda made a most exciting discovery. An antique quilt from the 1860s with a very unique backing comprised of bold, simple bands of large, faded florals to die for! Feeling quite inspired, the sisters scoured their vast library of antique fabrics to complete their next collection. The dramatic Jacobean and rose adorned florals are complimented by the occasional Papillon, which is French for butterfly. Paired with delicate botanical prints in the quilt’s original palette of pale, dusty pinks and aquas with faded red and stone accents, Papillon captures all the splendor of a lush garden estate.

 It is simply stunning fabric and unfortunately the photo really doesn't do the colour justice - it is a gorgeous pale duck egg blue. As with all Moda fabric this is a limited print and not repeatable so I will have to make sure that my project is something special. I may just have to start cutting this tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment