Saturday 19 May 2012

Hand Dyeing using Procion MX Dyes


 I've been experimenting with some Procion MX Dyes and hand dyeing some white cotton poplin to use on my quilts.
  
These small pieces of fabric have been scrunched and soaked with the primary colours - cant wait to see how these turn out. Hopefully I'll have some interesting sections for the orchid sections of my quilt.

  
These are larger pieces of fabric for backgrounds and I've pleated these to give a different look.


 Soaked with the dyes - I should hopefully have some interesting greens in these pieces suitable for foliage

  
A line of colour - :o) The neighbours must think I've turned hippy!


Love this piece - brilliant for background foliage - it almost looks like out of focus shrubbery. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment